When I was growing up my favorite meal, after breakfast for dinner, was soup and sandwiches. Some blogging friends and I are sharing this collection of 10 delectable soups and 10 amazing sandwiches to help you with your meal planning.
I’m not sure who first thought of pairing these two together, but they definitely fall in the category of comfort food. Who doesn’t love grilled cheese and tomato soup? And I have fond memories of a school lunch of vegetable beef soup and peanut butter and jelly soaking through the Sunbeam bread. You’re sure to find a new favorite soup, sandwich or combination.
From delicate broths to hearty chowders, soups can be served hot or cold, they can be sweet or savory. They can even be served for dessert! Someone has been stirring the pot since 20,000 BCE according to archaeological evidence.
- Chicken Corn Chowder from In The Kitchen With Jenny
- Irish Colcannon Soup with Cheddar Cheese Straws from Joy Love Food
- Pumpkin Soup with Pesto Toast from Little Family Adventure
- Vegan Tomato Basil Soup from Divya’s Culinary Journey
- Italian Wedding Soup from Joy Love Food
- Tomato Parmesan Slow Cooker Soup from Life Currents
- Nextday Leftover Chicken Soup from Little Family Adventure
- Italian Style Idaho Potato Soup from The Food Hunter’s Guide
- Carrot Soup with Greek Yogurt and Ginger from Culinary Flavors
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup from In the Kitchen with Jenny
The modern notion of the sandwich…some sort of filling between two slices of bread…dates to the Earl of Sandwich in the 18th century. As something to eat, sandwiches in some form or another are far older. Flat breads have been available in the Middle East for centuries and are used to scoop or wrap around food in order to transfer it from platter to mouth. The sheer array of breads and fillings mean sandwiches will remain a favorite food.
- Pork Italiano Sandwich from Food Hunter’s Guide
- California Roll Sandwiches from Life Currents
- A Pair of Veggie Sandwiches
- Mini Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
- Bacon Orange Breakfast Sandwiches from Shockingly Delicious
- A Couple of Bocadillos
- Slow Roasted Pork Sandwich with Double Cooked Fries from Food Hunter’s Guide
- Sloppy Joes from In the Kitchen With Jenny
- Danish Smoked Salmon Sandwiches from Little Family Adventure
- Swedish Shrimp Salad Sandwich
Thanks to my blogging friends who have shared their recipes and photos. Whether you eat your soup and sandwich alone or in combination be sure to visit them and check out their fabulous offerings and browse for even more ideas.